* the photo above shows the living room and dining room area. i looked at a lot of houses in the old town area when i was shopping for a house and this was the biggest open living room space that i saw. generally in this model of house, the dining room and living room are separated with an arched doorway about 6’ wide. for better or worse, the previous owners opened that space so with the exception of a little 2’ wall (at the right of “leavinghouse2”), the two rooms feel as one. the total space is 14’ wide x 31’ long. the photo does not really show the space, because they are taken standing in the middle of the living room, looking toward the dining room and kitchen. (they do not capture the whole length of these two rooms.)
* room #1 is called the “library” in this kind of house, it has a beautiful sliding "pocket" door nearly 5’ wide. the mouldings in this room were mostly stripped by the previous owner. the wood is beautiful. none of the rest of the moldings are stripped, only in that room. (i used it as my bedroom when i lived there.) it has a south window and a west window, both very wide. it has a walk in closet that connects with room #2, a bedroom with one west window. all the bedrooms are about the same size, 10’ x 10’.
* room #3 has a west window and a cute high square north window and a small closet.
* room #4 is the kitchen (12’ x 12’). it has cute, unrestored cabinetry and a built-in “island”. it is not a huge kitchen, but has enough space for a sub-zero, a six-burner range, and a dishwasher. no room for a table.
* the door from the kitchen (#4) to the former dining room is a beautiful original swinging door. just around the corner in the dining room is a built-in china cabinet with a mirrored shelf above it.
* as i mentioned above, the dining room (#5) has been opened to connect with the living room (#6), creating a large space which can be divided or not, as you wish.
* what i do not have any photos of is the entry hall/foyer (#7), which is charming. it has a narrow coat closet, very craftsman, and space for a large bureau. i have a large filing cabinet there.
* there is also what we call “the back porch” (#8), which is a room that was added later, to house laundry facilities and provide some storage. it also connects to the stairs down to the finished basement.
* the garage is 3-car in-line garage. it is HUGE and could be converted to studio etc.